Monday 24 June 2013

I dreamt yesterday of the little  school
the forlorn fragrance clasped in breeze cool
where I learnt the alphabet,
lifes commas and fulls stops
where I learnt to smile
survive lifes jumps and hops
I saw all those little hands
which clutched mine
winking and smiling at me
I stood there enthralled
I could stop that moment else it shall flee
I dreamt of the little school yesterday
which made me what I am today
Sun shone on its roofs like everyday
flowers bloomed children danced
I stood there in a trance
I wish I could step back
If life ever gave me a chance
I cannot repay
them with any honour,in any kind
such are those moments
engraved in my mind
I dreamt yesterday of the little school
the fragrance of jasmine and the paper boats in the pool
A teacher there taught ancient history
i stood there glistening
in the aura of her fervoury
the blackboard there said LEARN WITH PLEASURE
luminous moments in my eyes as I  treasure
from buds she carved out flowers
as we learnt that
from challenges we shall not deter
I cuddled myself in the warmth of her voice
wish i cud hide there
immerse myself in her equipoise
I dreamt yesterday of the little school
the forlorn fragrance clasped in breeze cool





1 comment:

  1. awesome post.....both the posts brought out the real Sitara out of the veil. Had seen the pretty Sitara without her veils---a very calm and composed sweet Sitara. Today the two fiery posts brought to these ageing eyes a Sitara bold.... at the same time subtle in a way....KEEP WRITING DEAR SITARA..IT INDEED IS A PLEASURE READING UR WORDS....You have said a lot without really saying it...Let the thoughts keep pouring out in beautiful verse and prose.....

    ReplyDelete